Practice and practical application are crucial components of an education at the Ramaiah University of Applied Science and this is reflected in the well-planned facilities on our campuses.
The facilities give students the opportunity to master the skills necessary to develop a deep understanding of their fields. Students learn under the close guidance and supervision of faculty members and experts. The hands-on learning received in these labs give them a distinctive edge over their peers, helping them begin their careers as knowledgeable professionals.
The facilities at FLAHS include a comprehensive range of labs that cater to the needs of different departments and different fields of study.
Facilities at FLAHS
- This well-equipped lab is used to conduct practical experiments that involve isolation, characterisation, and replication of the molecular basis of biological activity in and between cells. This includes molecular synthesis, modification,… read moreGnanagangothri Campus
- FLAHS’s Biochemistry/Chemistry Facility is outfitted to conduct experiments that study the chemical nature and chemical behaviour of living matter and the reactions and processes that they undergo. A majority of the experiments are designed to… read moreGnanagangothri Campus
- This FLAHS facility is used to conduct experiments that involve the removal of cells, tissues, or organs from an animal, and their subsequent placement in an artificial environment conducive to growth. Department: Department of… read moreGnanagangothri Campus
- The Plant Tissue Culture Facility is equipped to conduct practical experiments that focus on the removal of cells, tissues, or organs from a plant and their subsequent placement into an artificial environment conducive to growth. Department:… read moreGnanagangothri Campus
- The Food Processing Laboratory is envisioned as a space where creative ideas and concepts are brought to life. The Lab was established to assist and support researchers, food producers, processors, marketers, and entrepreneurs. It is designed and… read moreGnanagangothri Campus
- A part of the Department of Food Technology, the Food Quality Laboratory is designed and equipped to test the quality and safety of food. The Food Quality Testing Facility conducts proximate analysis (moisture content, crude protein, total ash,… read moreGnanagangothri Campus